Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Never-ending Grey

He said, "When are we ever going to use five paragraph essays in real life?"  An unseen someone says, "This is real life!"  She says, "School is your job right now; this is your real life." Next, "This is as real as it gets."
   This is as real as it gets.
   I sit, tired-- oh, so tired-- of endless work.  For the future.  This prepares me for the future, that prepares me for the future.
   I look side to side and see my piles of books.  Endless work.  "This is as real as it gets," I hear.
   Tears well up.  This is it.  This is now. My life.  Isn't it pathetic?
   Night after protracted night. I sit.  I write. Math. Physics. English.
   This is my life.  There is no light at the end of the tunnel.  There is never an ending goal.  All is grey forever.  We go to school, we do homework night after night.  We go to college.  Homework again.  We work, work some more, then retire...Now you're too old to do anything fun anyway.
   We die.

No comments:

Post a Comment