Friday, March 18, 2011

Best Friends Forever

One question I ask a person when I am trying to get to know them, is who their best friend is.  Many of them tell me that they have a lot of friends, not just one person for a best friend.  It's amazing to have a bunch of friends. Really.  However, I feel bad for the people who tell me this!  I think any person who has never had a best friend, is missing a part of thier life.  I have had three, total.  One for every significant place that I have lived.  I'm not saying that these are the only friends that I have had.  I have a lot of friends, but there will always be people who you become so close to, that they are like your family.  You love them.
   The best friend that I went through most of elementary with, is a miss Laurel Roundy.  I cant even remember very many things where Laurel wasn't with me.  Elementary was bomb.  We were crazy-cool!  But...(hehehh)...some people might have defined us as "weird."
   I rememeber in the thrird grade, we found a caterpiller.  It was green, it was hairy, and we adored it.  I even think that we named it.  It must have been something creative like "Wormy".  We made a paper box for it, filled with grass and leaves for him to eat, and carried it around with us all recess (and throughout class, but hidden in the front of our desks, in order to keep an eye on him).  It was unfortunate, but he got squished the next recess. I remember the funeral well...
   During lunch times, we loved to freak out the other kids, and cause  a commotion by mixing foods and whatever else we could figure out.  I actually liked the icecream-pizza that we would hum over on Fridays.  When they gave us rolls, we would carve out the fluffy center, and squish them up so much that it would turn back into dough.  My favorite, though, that always got a reaction fromthe crowd was when we would eat jello...through a straw.  They hated the slurpy noise. ha
   See, experiences like these don't happen without a best friend.  I would definately write more, but unfortunately the class period is over.  I LOVE LAUREL ROUNDY!!

2 comments:

  1. I love it when students dare to be different; it takes so much courage and helps you become a strong person. Your post explains a lot.

    ReplyDelete